- Grew up outside of Chicago, IL
- College at University of Denver on a partial scholarship to study Jazz Guitar
- Recorded, toured and taught as a musician in Denver and New York City
- Hired out of college by Sony Music Entertainment in New York City as an A&R Rep (Artist and Repertoire, basically a more formal talent scout)
- Left Sony to run the international department of Velour Music Group, an independent record company and artist management firm
- Founded Zealous Records, an international record company and music licensing firm, acted as President for 4 years
- MBA from New York University
- Joined IBM’s external strategy consulting division, specializing in growth and innovation and business strategy
- Accepted offer to join Prophet as an Engagement Manager, specializing in marketing and growth strategy
- Past business partners and clients include Sony, ESPN, IBM, Disney, ConocoPhillips, eBay/PayPal, Cox Communications, Dun & Bradstreet, The New York Times,
- Board member of NYU’s Stern School of Business Media and Entertainment Alumni Association; Mentor, NYU Stern Consulting Corps.
Mr. Kevin Drost is an Engagement Manager with Prophet, a leading boutique brand and marketing strategy firm.
He brings over ten years of experience developing growth strategies for clients ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to start-ups. This includes defining growth opportunities, developing go-to-market strategies, brand portfolio decisions, brand valuation, financial modeling and competitive analysis. As a musician and former record label executive, Kevin specializes in balancing creativity with rigorous analysis to drive inspired ideas that deliver real business results.
Prior to joining Prophet, Kevin worked as a Managing Consultant in IBM’s Business and Customer Strategy Consulting Practice. Before entering consulting, Kevin served as President of Zealous Records, LLC, a recorded music company which he founded. Kevin oversaw all elements of operations, marketing, strategy and finance leading to an eventual partnership with the largest entertainment firm in the world. Prior, he designed and implemented the international distribution strategy for a high-profile record label and artist management firm. He began his career at Sony Music Entertainment in London and New York City.
Kevin holds an MBA from New York University’s Stern School of Business, graduating in the top 10 percent of his class.